Friday, February 19, 2016

One Love, One Heart.....

Lately I have been feeling different from any other feelings I can remember ever having. It feels like there is something major missing from my life. When I try to do some soul searching to see if I can identify  why I'm feeling this way, the answer it seems is a personal spiritual deficiency, and  I am definitely working on it. I find that as I get older, I get more humble. My children told me not so long ago that I lost my 'edge' and that I have become 'soft' compared to the strict, serious parent I once was. Although I disagreed with them, they may be on to something that just may be true. The things that 'bother' me now are not the things that I thought were important before. I find that my failed marriage is one of the things at the top of my list of 'failures' that makes me really think about what we do in this life, and the things that we should most value. I know better now, and if I ever "walk that aisle" again there are definitely things I would do differently.

I find that I am also more cognizant of others, their feelings, and how I treat them. When I see the way in which we as humans treat other human beings sometimes, it saddens my heart, and sometimes bring a tear. There are people born in parts of the world that all they know is war, and anguish. We live in a free society that we can do just about anything we want, eat what we want, go where we want, freely. I'm not saying we don't have 'issues' and daily struggles, but a lot of the "issues' we have, we bring on ourselves, and majority of the time we can get out of them. 
Can you imagine a world where the leaders of the various countries  have one main goal
and strive for it. A goal of peace, where humanity is the main focus, and love is the message. A world where the color of a man's skin is unimportant, and people are seen as just that, people! We all can do our part in making our lives, and those around us a little more pleasant. A simple hello, please, and thank you can at times make the world of difference. We can't always spare others of 'unpleasant' feelings, but we can always try to be a little more humane in our everyday actions.

Think of the difference it would make in this world if we all try just a little harder to be nicer. As the  late Great Bob Marley said, "One love, one heart, let's get together and feel all right."

No comments:

Post a Comment